Friday, July 24, 2009

A Bullet Can't Kill (Unfinished, Prologue)

The rain sprinkles puddles of liquid around my bare feet. Off in the distance, a hawk screeches, echoing loudly in my ear. Deep within the dark sky, the clouds veil the midnight darkness. My hair is wet against my back. Hairs on my arms stand slowly, as a gentle breeze bites at my skin. A flash of neon white light burns my eyes and sparks iridescently across the glaring surrounding windows. Birds idly dance in the treetops on the soft green leaves. Mud splatters onto my bare legs, leaving a dark bruised stain. I see a man. He is but a white light. Human, maybe? I couldn’t believe I was questioning this. The light radiating off his skin was throbbing opaque as I stepped backwards slightly. He smiles but once, devious beneath the dim overshadow from his skin. Red glistens on his sharp, carving like teeth, visible even from here. The speed at which he ran at me was ostentatious. When I blinked, pulling my lids up in a quick flutter, he was suddenly atop of me, teeth inches from my neck. His eyes, demon black, thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment