Friday, July 24, 2009

Vehement

Frost created a parasol over the thickly grown trees as I walked about. An eerie feeling knotted itself in the pit of my stomach as my hand clasped tightly in his. I trusted him. As I felt the warmth travel from his hand to mine, I smiled graciously at him. He smiled warmly back, sending my heart into a non-stop aching frenzy. The sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet was vehement as I tried to concentrate on my surroundings. Vincent promised me that it was a surprise, and as I looked up at him, I could see that I couldn't possibly love a person more. My fingers ached to be on his face, through his hair, to hold him in my arms. Vincent stopped us a few feet from a dark building. The windows were tattered and broken into large shards. Black, ruined stones made the foundation of the tiny, closet like building. I tangled my fingers in his as an unknown fear instilled itself into my mind. I couldn't recognize anything! “Where are we?” My voice rang with uncertainty. A shy smile curled his lips. He bent down slowly to press his lips gently on my forehead, pressing a finger to my lips, silencing me. And for a moment, nothing in the world existed except for us two. Abruptly, he pushed me away as regret crossed his features. “I shouldn't be doing this here,” He kept saying as he shook his head and stared off into the distance. His mind was obviously else where, I thought reluctantly. “What is it?” I cried, clinging to his arm as he refused to drop his stern gaze from the small, dark path ahead. The bushes swayed slightly with an unknown presence. Vincent's body suddenly went tense; his muscles rigid with agitation. “No!” he shouted, placing his body between mine and a dark figure as it loomed out of the dark bushes, presenting itself in a ghostly manner. I bit my lip from fear as a small drop of blood formed and threw itself down my chin. The man in front of us wielded a large, dark cloak, concealing his face from us. From the shine of the distant moonlight, layers of light shot the figure, enhancing a most gruesome sight. I screamed out in agonized fear. His teeth were sharp and pointed, rounded with a layer of fresh blood. His half visible smile mocked us as it ran forward and sunk his teeth into Vincent's neck. I watched, paralyzed as my boyfriend's blood drained endlessly from his limp body. I cried and screamed, but nothing could bring my distant thoughts back to reality. “Run Emily!” He whispered, his once beautiful voice raspy with no emotion. I did the only thing I could, ran as fast as my frozen feet would go; leaving behind my entire life as tears streamed down my face. My heart was tearing but no one was there to repair it. And no one ever would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment